Trust Fundamentals - Module 1
In Module 1 of Trust Fundamentals, both the purpose of trusts and the history of trusts, dating back to the Roman Empire and the Crusades, are reviewed. The module proceeds with the nuts and bolts of the primary trust categories, trust income distribution categories, and complex trust language. Students learn about the main parties to a trust as well as the additional parties to a trust, either individuals or corporate. The role of a trustee in a dynastic family trust is explored through a fictional case of a family grappling with complex estate planning issues.
Estimated Completion Time: 1.5 hours
- Estate and Trust Administration for Dummies, 2nd ed Chapter 3, "Identify Different Types of Trusts" by Margaret Atkins, EA & Kathryn A. Murphy, Esq.
- Access your courses anytime, anywhere, with a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Videos, quizzes and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience
- Unlimited access. Take your courses at your time and pace
- This program is designed to take 1-2 months with approximately 10-15 hours per week of study. If you put in more hours per week, you will finish sooner than the predicted 1-2 months